Friday, June 8, 2012

RT- Day7- To Ogden, Utah for C&P's Wedding!

We left VERY early in the morning, or at least tried to, in order to make it in time for the pre-wedding dinner.  I hardly slept the night before so Matt, once again, let me sleep while he drove.  Did I mention yet that he drove the entire trip other than the day I drove for an hour and a half when he had bad allergies? I'm glad he enjoys driving, because it makes me want to fall asleep (especially when I'm already short on sleep to begin with).  
There wasn't nearly as many interesting views on this part of the trip.  
I think Matt only woke me up once to see Salt Lake City.  
 Stretching our legs at the coolest rest stop I've ever seen.  Not only was it clean and kept up nicely, but it had tons of interesting information about the state, as well as a train engine. 
 Caleb liked it too!
 Right as we were leaving a train even came by.
 Back on the road...more windmills.  Bigger this time.
I remember the first time I saw these with Rachel in California.  We don't have them in Oregon, unless i just don't know where they are.  I wonder why they aren't on the Columbia Gorge? 
 I'm not sure who was more happy to see the other one- Caleb or Great Grandpa Gabbert.  Actually, I was the happiest!  I was SO glad that Grandpa was able to come!  I miss spending time with him and hearing his stories and just being together.  Love you Grandpa!
 They spent a lot of time sitting together the few days we were in the same place.
 Gotta hang out with Grandpa too!
 And FINALLY, Caleb got to meet his Uncle Craig for the first time!
Caleb loves being a big boy sitting in a high chair!  So much to do at the table!
 We got to meet Cindy's boyfriend, Brian, for the first time and enjoyed getting to know him as much as we could! 
 Caleb meeting another little baby that is part of Paulette's family.  He gets very excited about kids and babies that are closer to his own size. 
 AND, he got to meet Matt, who is pretty much Uncle Matt since he's been such a close friend to Craig through so many years.
 He loves his Aunt Cindy....and her necklaces!  So interesting since mommy quit wearing any once he was born.
 Picture time!!!  I can't believe it, but I don't think I got a single picture of Caleb with Grandma this trip.  Must be because we have lots from her visits.  Hope you come again soon, mom! :)
 Love this, but just wish it also had Dad, Matt and Paulette.  Oh well. 
 New sister (and aunt) in the family!
And the happy couple!!!  Just one night to go and the wedding is tomorrow!
Paulette doing her happy dance!  
It was so fun to see everyone and enjoy and amazing meal as well! 

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, thanks for posting so many fun things here. I just love it! And I love you too! :) Mom

    ReplyDelete