Monday, June 11, 2012

RT- Day 11- Last Day of Vacation

Nope, I wasn't really ready for our trip to be over.  A small part of me was ready for some normalcy, but most of me would have liked to continue for a lot longer.  I loved seeing so many new places, but honestly, I think the main reason is because of getting to spend so much time with Matt and Caleb.  I really miss both of them during the week, and it's easy to let the stress get to me from lack of sleep and feeling behind in just about every area of life.  So, yes, it was honestly hard to get closer to home.  I had some good and helpful conversation about it, though, with both God and Matt.  
Just having Caleb around starts many conversations with strangers.  We really enjoyed meeting people everywhere we went.  This particular morning we talked with a couple at breakfast time, who reminded me a lot of mom and dad.  They had just been to their daughters wedding and were now on a road trip themselves...on their bike!  They ended up telling us about a place that we should stop and see on our way home, which we did.
Lunch stop at Burger King where Caleb got his first BK Crown!  
It didn't stay on for long! 
We wanted out day to include more than just driving, so we stopped at Virginia City, the town that the couple told us about in the morning.  It's an old mining town just outside of Carson City.  We only had about an hour so we just looked around a bit.  We decided it's a good place to come back and spend more time enjoying the activities when Caleb is older.
He was pretty happy to get out and walk.
Rescuing daddy from jail.
An old table full of legend and history preserved in one of the saloons. 
Gotta have a picture of a bar to go with the saloon.  We were hoping they'd have the swinging doors on the way in, but none did.
This guy was dressed up for a performance about living in the past.  Next time we hope to get to see it.
The town slightly reminded me of Sisters, since it's an old western town.  This one was just a lot more realistic and not so modernized and pretty.  We wondered if some of the sidewalk boards were going to gave in under us.
WOW!! That's it!  I wanted to get a picture of Lake Tahoe and some of the snow covered hills on the way home, but I think I was too worn out and tired of taking pictures to try too hard.  We do think it's pretty cool that Tahoe is so close and easy to visit that it didn't matter that we weren't able to stop and enjoy it that day.  Matt finished the drive with Caleb and I sound asleep.  We made it home and started to adjust back to normal life.  

Hmmm, where should we go next time???  Thanks for sharing in our adventure!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment