The day we had anxiously awaited was finally here! And sure enough, I think we took more pictures this day than any other. It was hard to choose what to take pictures of and just as hard to choose which pictures to post. There are around 30 here, so hope you enjoy! :) Of course if you haven't been, you should go and see it for yourself someday!
This is to show the tourists everywhere. The crazy thing is that we weren't even there when it's REALLY packed. It was actually pretty nice, with enough people to enjoy a chat here and there but not too many to make it hard to park or see what we wanted to see.
Here's our favorite picture!!!
We thought it looked like the ground was going to fall into the core of the earth here.Caleb absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED it here once he woke up from his nap. We got out at a place where there weren't many people and the time and hiked around a bit. Matt went up a steep area and I was happy to find another way up holding Caleb in the sling. Then we let HIM climb around a bit and he was overjoyed!
I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but this location is pretty high up overlooking an open area!
Oops, forgot the shoes! Oh well, bare feet never stopped little boys from exploring!
His expression most of the time when we were outside!
One of the larger arches. You can see it's size a bit by looking behind me at the people.
This is taken from under the arch...
...and the shadow of the arch with Caleb climbing around again.
This is the only place I remember the name- Fiery Furnace.
A little lunch time in the car...Caleb decided he wanted to eat his foot I think.
I loved this car. Lots of character. Also just happens to be parked by a hill with green looking rock.Oh, I guess I remember one more name...this is the Delicate Arch. I think it's the most famous of the arches and often pictured on magnets and things.
We weren't able to go up close since it was too long of a hike with Caleb, but enjoyed the view from afar.
Please disregard Matt's slicked back hair. :) Or just see it as a Father's love for his son kinda style. Caleb hit his tired mark and also needed some extra shade. He feel fully asleep on the walk back to the car.
AMAZING beauty! We were so glad we were able to go. We hope to return someday when Caleb is older and hopefully get to hike into place that we couldn't on this trip. More to look forward to.





























All great pictures! It's fun to see how much of an adventurer Caleb is. He and daddy will have to take up rock climbing together in a few years. :) Mom
ReplyDelete