Sunday, June 3, 2012

Road Trip- Day 2/Part 1- Drive to Vegas

 Sunday morning Gary and Carol treated us to a wonderful breakfast to start the day!  Caleb had fun getting to know them and I think they enjoyed it as well....although I think it made them miss their grandsons even more.
Here's a few pictures of the landscape on our way to Vegas. 
 If you look closely you can see the hilltop covered with windmills (not sure of true name for them).
Closer view.
 If you look closely here, you'll see that I think this is a large cactus tree.  Also not sure of its true name.  Of course there were lots of cacti covering the landscape since we were in the desert, but I don't think I took a descent picture of them.
 Once again, stopping to feed Caleb in the middle of nowhere.  It was HOT HOT HOT!!!  We kept the car running so we didn't die of heat stroke.  I can't imagine doing this trip a couple months more into the summer.
We stopped at a place that Gary told us about for a break and lunch....
...and only then realized that we had left Caleb's high chair behind.  This is how he ate for the rest of the trip, and he did quite well I might add.  
 Another view to finish the trip.
 Caleb thought he was pretty funny lots of the time.  I think he kept me entertained more than me entertaining him.
 A little peek-a-boo!
He was usually quite content as long as he got to eat when he was hungry and when he got tired, if he had his pacifier and giraffe, everyone was happy!  All we had to do when he started to fuss was give these to him, he'd close his eyes, turn his giraffe around and around, and in ten or fifteen minutes...
 ....all was well in life and sleep! :)
Next stop...Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment