We left Monday morning expecting a long, boring drive over flat lands full of nothingness. We were wrong again, thankfully! The first thing that I especially enjoyed were all the clouds, which I think added great character and beauty to the scenery. Lots of the pictures of the day are taken while we're driving, but I am pretty pleased with how they turned out...especially when I chose to roll down the window so there aren't any reflections in the view.
This is just as we were leaving town.
Of course, since it's Utah, there were Morman temples everywhere.
Entering Salt Lake City.
The Capital Building. We took a picture of the giant Morman temple, but it just weirds me out spiritually, so I chose not to post it.
First view of the Great Salt Lake...
....which got better!
More clouds and mountains.
Do you think there are enough billboards?
I especially like this picture. With the train, clouds, hill...it's pretty artistic.
SALT!
The salt flats, as I think they are called. The middle of the picture is a mirage created by the heat I think.
We stopped at a rest stop to check it out.
Caleb lookin' cool in his shades from Aunt Cindy.
Matt filled me in on the fact that this is where several car commercials are taken, as well as where world records have been set for speed. The ground looks a lot like sand but is hard, with some loose salt dust on the top. I still want to look up more information online to learn more about it.
We had some fun out on the salt flats. Caleb driving his little car through the desert.
Just some fun taking picture!
Caleb....come back!!
Daddy will save you!! (he wasn't really walking...just took pictures. he's also not as far away as it might look)
Up close view
It was nice that they had a hose to wash off so that the salt would't ruin anything in the car.
I thought this was a fun view.
This is further back, showing where we were playing.
We drove a little further and stopped for lunch on the border of Utah and Nevada. Matt thought that it was slightly possible that he was standing in both states at this location!
A little further til we stopped for the night.
The sign says, "Water Hole #1." We thought it was funny since we were out in the middle of nowhere and there was even a little puddle next to the sign.
One more night in a hotel.
Next stop...Home!










































I love the pictuers of Caleb in his sunglasses and on the salt flats. Those really cracked me up! Mom
ReplyDelete