Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Veterans Day Parade

We got to it late, but found a place to sit and enjoy an hour or so of kids walking by and a few fun vehicles and animals! 
 These guys are pretty fun!  There are about ten go-cart rider veterans who ride in circles and lines as they slowly make their way down the road.  We parked on the wrong side of the road.  I didn't realize the parade would be on one side rather than the middle.  Live and learn.
 Too much sitting....time to get up and join the parade.  Most of it was different grade school sport teams and boy and girl scout groups, with some other random high school bands and such scattered throughout.  It's just in Folsom, so nothing huge and amazing.  Still fun though!
Last year we brought Matt's dad, Chuck, who is a veteran of Vietnam.  Since he had his veteran hat on, he was saluted and lots of boy scouts would run over and shake his hand.  It was pretty neat to see him honored in this little way.  I saw the same this year with a man down the road a bit.  It brought a tear, just thinking what he might have faced in war.  I'm thankful!
 And Caleb joining in the marching and singing!
 Bye
 I had finally given up on seeing any horses, and they finally came!
 Brady is practicing his counting! 
 I barely caught this picture, but had to post this miniature horse.  We ran over to pet it just as they ran back to join the parade.  .
Happy Veterans Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment