In October we finally went to the Sacramento Zoo for the first time. I thought it would be a lot bigger than the Folsom zoo, and more like the Portland one, but it turned out pretty small. We still had a fun time and enjoyed seeing some new animals.
This was one of the most fun for the boys. The otters were playing in the water and when they saw Caleb and Brady, they actually came out and walked right over to the window by them. You can see one behind Brady's head. They truly are social and fun animals!We were also super excited to be there during a time when even the larger animals were out and active. The lion was pacing around and even ROARED super loud a few times! This was my favorite part of our time. Even though he wasn't in the wild, hearing him roar was really amazing!
Matt took a picture to show that I'M actually WITH the boys at the things we do.
Snack time on Daddy's shoulders
The giraffe's were really neat as well! I'd love to go someday and pay to feed them!The boys like the animals, but I actually think their favorite time was just running around and chasing each other like crazy! SO MUCH LAUGHING and FUN!!!
"Gin-Giraffe!"
God is truly creative!
These guys were pretty fun to watch as well!
So many creatures to talk to
This was one of Matt's favorites...but can't remember the name.Oh yes, I forgot that the boys FAVORITE event was the train ride! The whole time we were looking at animals, they just kept asking, "can we go on the train now?"
We didn't get to go on the carousel but the boys had a great time dancing to the music next to it!
Hmm, maybe they actually had more fun WAVING at the train every time it went by than actually going on it! I think they entertained everyone in the zoo for a half hour!
On our way out, the flamingos came out of the bushes to eat. They are pretty but really loud and annoying and I think they stink.
Beautiful!
So many great memories! Once again, I'm so thankful!
I love the giraffes!
ReplyDeleteCheryl, you are such a great and creative mom.