The boys LOVE fire trucks and I've been planning on taking them to a fire station for a year now! I think I avoided it simply because I figured we'd be in the way of something. Well, it took Amber's maternity leave coming up to finally push me to plan it! And we weren't in the way at all! It was great!
I chose the closest, biggest station, which turned out to be super fancy and perfect for a visit! The boys waiting patiently to see if they'd get to see the firetrucks!Sure enough....soon, a couple firemen came out to greet them with their own hats and badges! They were VERY friendly and nice to the boys!
And the boys were truly in heaven!
Brady didn't hesitate a minute to try out the driver's seat! His Uncle T is a fireman!
Caleb was a bit more hesitant. He likes to take his time to warm up to new and unknown situations.
Once Brady was in the back, he decided that they guys were trustworthy enough to lift him in too!
And he was certainly glad that he got in!
He started giving orders right away..."Now you can close the doors!"
The guys offered to let them try on their boots and hats, but the boys were more interested in the grates in the floor! :)
I'm consistently impressed by firemen. We've run into them at grocery stores, events, and now at their work place. I think that every one of them has been more than happy to show the truck, turn on the lights, offer a seat and sticker! I'm impressed and thankful for people who are willing to give their time and care to little boys like Brady and Caleb!
I Love this picture!
As we were leaving, the BIG firetruck got back, with the HUGE ladder on top. We went out and were greeted by maybe 5 more firemen! Yep, the boys were happy campers! Another winner half hour!
No comments:
Post a Comment