Since Matt didn't get to join the fun on the actual 4th, we saved the sparklers and special dessert that I made mom for the next night when he got home from work.
Yum...homemade mini chocolate chip cheesecakes with cookie bottom!
We first broke out the red, white and blue glow sticks! Caleb loved them and turned them into police attire.
We tried out the sparklers, which we quickly realized were not made for two year olds. I remember the ones with long sticks and these were quite short, hard to light and dropped embers and soot all over. Boo!Caleb and I did just one and then moved on. He tried another again later with Matt and the stupid thing sent an ember backwards onto his arm and burnt him. Yeah, pretty lame first experience. Poor boy.
At least we had other fun things to do.
More pop-its...from a sitting position even! He's a real pro!
And DADDY!!! He entertained us all with a sparkler show complete with the national anthem!
Smiles again!
And Grandma entertained us with her creative use of glow sticks!
Another fabulous night with family!
I want the cookies!
ReplyDeleteGrandma is funny!