Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cambria Vacation- Day 2

Well, we tried to sleep in but our body clocks didn't let us too well.  Oh well, we could at least take a nap if we wanted.  
 We still got to sleep in a bit and then headed to a nice brunch at the restaurant! By the time we were done I was ready for a nap...so I took a small one.
 Then we went into town and just sauntered around looking through gift shops.  Bummed that this picture is black and white.  It was my favorite shop full of beach type things and creative art.
 This is just a random thing Matt took a picture of.  We really enjoyed looking in art galleries together and Matt even like the shops.
 Another store with a fun garden area in the back....this was my favorite flower!
 Once we were done we headed to the beach and of course immediately my soul was filled up again! Here's one of the little brave guys along the boardwalk.
 Just having some fun!  I was still tired but just get me out on a rock by the ocean and suddenly I feel alive!!
 Just looking at these makes me feel better! Aaahhhh!
 Can I go back.....
 ...please! 
 Then down to the sand, which was more like small rocks.  Not too comfy on the feet but still beautiful!
 Yes, it's me, me, me, me.  I know.  But I think it just makes me feel good.  SOOOOoo happy there.
 It looks almost tropical!  
 I love the waves, which look like art to me.  I think I could take pictures all day to get all kinds of variety.
 God is So creative! 
Happy Anniversary to us! 
 Next, we still had some time before our dinner reservation, so took a drive a little ways down the beach to see the seals and Hurst Castle.  We didn't tour the castle, but just found it on the top of the hill.  The seals were great to watch.  I like this picture of the squirrel watching the seal.
 Aahhh, this is the life!  Laying in the sun on the beach for hours with no worry in the world! 
 I just wanted to hug him. :)
 And down the beach a bit more.....there they all are!  They were hilarious to listen to, snorting and snooting.
 Here you can see the males funny face.  They are all molting at this time of year, which is why they are all just lying around.
 Every now and then one would scoot up the beach or wiggle around.  They sounded like they were all farting at times.
 And headed back toward Cambria
 We stopped at one more place to walk down the pier.  It's hard to see them but there are hundreds of birds flying in the air and fishing for food in the water!  The bigger birds would dive down and get a fish and then lots of smaller birds would flock in and try to take bits of it.
 My guy.  
 Fun with computer editing. 
Not the best picture but captures our dinner.  Another nice evening and then we headed to our room and watched Chopped on the Food Network, which we are now hooked on! :)  Such a GREAT day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment