Talk about last minute! I found out that I had an extra day off, I've been wanting to go see my Grandparents, and a friend offered her standby tickets if I ever needed them. Hmm, this might work. I didn't get in touch with her until the day before I needed to go, and didn't even buy the tickets til the morning of the flight!! Crazy!!! And flying standby wasn't my favorite, at least flying out on a Thursday evening during the summer. It was pretty entertaining though! It kind of felt like watching the last minutes of a close basketball game, wondering whose going to win. I ended up missing the first flight and barely making it onto the last option!!! What a relief!
Caleb LOVED the airport! He was so excited about the little tram train between different terminals.
I walked into the Portland airport and was flooded with emotions from so many memories and just the feeling of being "home." Years living there and so many people just makes it feel different there.
I got to stay with Cindy and Brian, which was great!!! Cindy let me use her car while she worked on Friday, so I drove her to work and got to see her office! Of course the second I walked out it was POURING down rain...in June!!! I found it pretty funny and kind of appropriate for being in Portland.
Next, I stopped by a close friend's house, which was way too short, but I was glad to at least get to see her and her boys. Then I went to see Grandma, which was my main reason for visiting. We had a better visit than I expected since she was having a pretty good day. It was a sweet time of reading her Bible to her, laughing a little, and just being together. I miss and love you Grandma.
After our visit, I went to see their house (I'll do a separate post of a few pictures). I needed to see it since they've both moved out and things are changing fast. I'm glad I was able to go and had some good closure there. Then i went to see Grandpa at his new place. He gave a tour and I also got to chat with Aunt Carolyn who had just come to town.
I went to pick up Cindy from work and we headed home for dinner and time together with Brian....and the kitties!
Homer
LOVED the sunset!!!
Saturday was wonderful! I drove out to Grandpa and Shirley's place and had a nice visit. Uncle Doug and Aunt Wendy even stopped by for a bit and visited a while. I sure miss spending time with my family!
Although the focus was on family, I stopped for a couple more super quick visits and hugs with a couple more friends. WAAaaay too short, but still at least something! I truly am blessed by amazing friends!
Then, back to Cindy and Brian's for a few last minute memories before leaving the next morning. I helped Cindy make her bed, which turned into some fun!Then Brian took me on a quick "date" to Burgerville in his Mustang!
I have to admit that I enjoyed the ride but I think that the fresh berry shake was even better!!! SOooo good!
I love you guys!
I have SUCH an AMAZING sister!!! I'm incredibly blessed!
EARLY Sunday morning, Brian took me to the airport and I was headed back. A couple different views of some mountains I know, love and miss. Mt Hood.
The Sisters and Brokentop
I love the colors coming down into Sacramento
And I LOVE this sight even more!!! What a great surprise to see them in the airport!The airport attendant even let Caleb and Matt take the tram to see me.
So very thankful for the trip. I even got to read most of a great book! Glad to be with my family again though!
Cheryl, it was so much fun and a wonderful surprise to have you here, even if it was just a short time! Love you!
ReplyDelete