Saturday, July 12, 2014

Grandma and Grandpa Boersma's

The house is pretty much empty, but the second I walked in I was flooded with emotion and memories.  It's crazy how saying goodbye to a place makes me notice the sounds of doors and smells of different rooms.  I thanked God for the memories and that we have eternity for many more in the future.  

 Clocks all over the house were always ticking
 All the pictures have been taken down, but I found a few that I always remember since I was a kid.
 All Grandma's dishes were the blue Dutch Delft style 
 Grandpa's office
 The strongest memory here is when Aunt Lorraine was packing her things to move out and marry Uncle Steve.  She gave me all kinds of little rainbow trinkets that I treasured for a long time. Every room has so many memories.  Impossible to count them all.
 Grandpa's handiwork is all over the house. 
 I wonder what the new owners will think of it all. 
 Wish we could transport this to our backyard for Caleb to use as a playhouse like we did years ago.
The Tether Ball hole in the driveway.  
It's most likely a good thing that I didn't go before so much was moved out.  I would have taken a thousand pictures I think.  Crazy that this will someday belong to someone else.  I think I'll stay away from now on.  Thankful for many good memories!  

No comments:

Post a Comment