We looked for months to find the perfect deal to celebrate our 5th and 6th anniversary together...just the two of us. We finally found it, bought it and waited with excitement to head to Cambria for a few days!
We prepped Caleb and he wasn't quite sure what to think but seemed okay. He's wearing Daddy's shorts here. He actually did better than either of us expected at saying goodbye. He didn't cry and even came out to wave goodbye. He had a great time doing fun things and the main challenge was the first night at bedtime. Matt and I missed him and did best if we just trusted that he was being taken care of instead of constantly wondering how he was. It helped us be able to focus on each other and really enjoy our time together!
Even though brown, I always love the hills on this drive.
I did my toenails after months of not giving time to them...
....and even had a gift card from mother's day to get my nails done!!!
We arrived and immediately fell in love with the Cambria! We stayed at Cambria Pines Lodge, which is actually a lodge with several buildings, a restaurant, lounge, pool, flower gardens, flower store, and more! It was beautiful and restful and just a tiny drive to the beach. This is the view from our room looking out onto the garden where they use food for the restaurant!
After bringing our things to the room we enjoyed just wandering around the gardens! I was in heaven even though the flowers weren't in their prime! Such a relaxing and fun time together.
It was amazing to me how after leaving home, it took time for my mind to transition out of "mommy mode." It really helped me see how important it is that we need to take more specific time for each other.
Even though we didn't have our wedding here, it was a good place to remember getting married.
Matt DID enjoy himself too. He loved seeing me happy and also enjoyed smelling the aroma from the nearby restaurant that we would be going to next!
Mom, the whole time I was wishing you were there since I know you would have loved it too! I took so many picture just to show you...and forgot while you were here.Loved these bird houses...especially the one on the left that looks like it has a huge fro.
Benches everywhere to sit and just soak in the beauty and relax.
So we did.
I really love my husband.
He's truly my best friend who I also respect and am so proud of. My appreciation for who he is is growing all the time.
It felt like a secret garden with gates, flowers and hedges everywhere.I wondered what this looked like in its prime.
Even a wishing well.
Next we got a little dressed up and enjoyed an AMAZING date and dinner as part of our deal!
SOOOooooo GOOD! Even our waitress was wonderful!
Then we went to the hot tub and enjoyed talking with others who were there.And THEN we went to the lounge and just relaxed, listened to live music, watched some couples dance, and just enjoyed being together without responsibilities or a rush to go to bed......cuz we got to sleep in!!! I honestly felt that we could have headed home at that point and I would have been satisfied! But we had a couple more days to look forward to!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment