Friday, January 2, 2015

Trip to Grandma and Grandpa's

We were ALL counting down the days to our trip to Oregon for Christmas, so when it finally came we were SO excited! We packed up the van and left Christmas Eve morning!
I drove for the first couple hours and then Caleb and I took a nap...and when we woke up there was a double rainbow near Shasta Lake!
 Caleb did a very good job the whole way!  He mostly stayed entertained by lots of silliness!
 His animals and little figures talked, danced and jumped on Daddy's head!
 I took some random pictures of the views along the way.  We love the snow but were SO glad not to get stuck for hours in it this time, or even have to put on snow chains!  YAY!!
 I love the clouds everywhere we go!  They are always so interesting and artistic!
 Trying some fun settings on the camera
 I think we stopped about 4 times for trip, the best one being in Klamath Falls.  But Brrrrr, it was so cold!  We should have grabbed our gloves since our hands went numb after being uncovered for just a minute.
 We checked out this HUGE train locomotive and then chased each other around a bit so get our blood moving!
 We found some ducks over by the water! 
 Caleb really wasn't sure what to think or do with the cold!
 More running around...I think Matt was trying to fly!
 It was probably the most I've actually enjoyed KFalls before. :)  It was even kinda pretty.
 I have to admit that I held on tight to his hand....I didn't want to risk at ALL with the cold water so close to a quick 3 year old full of pent up energy!
 Warming back up! He loves wearing his glasses lately!
We made it in a good amount of time.  By the end I think Caleb was wondering if we were actually going to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  He started saying, "I can't WAIT to get there," not meaning that he was excited but more like, "I HAVE to get out NOW!"  He made it and it was worth the long sitting!  I think I did worse than him. :)  I'm just not made to sit for long periods.  My body hates it.  But it was worth it for me too!!  Matt does great and could have gone another few hours I'm sure.  He drove almost the whole way (yay) and we were all so happy once there!

1 comment:

  1. You got some cool pictures with your new camera!
    It was fun to see Caleb's face when you guys arrived.

    ReplyDelete