Thursday, January 1, 2015

Grandma and Grandpa Were Here!

They got here on Thanksgiving night and came right over to Matt's mom's for dinner!  Then we had the weekend to enjoy together!!!
 Caleb loves sitting by Grandpa...and he even watches Peppa Pig with him now and then!
 He had a LOT of fun with Grandma on this visit! She brought a really cool bulb that they planted and is now growing in our window.  They played with playdough together...
 ...and the best of all was playing in his room and imagining with his vehicles and little creatures!  I came in to take a picture and was told to come back later.  I guess Grandma wins the best player award! :)
 I enjoyed getting to have brunch together....I didn't get a picture, but another highlight was just wandering around a park and getting to talk to mom about life while Grandpa and Caleb chased each other around the playground!
We needed to get out of the house one afternoon and headed to the bowling alley.  It was way too packed, which turned out for our benefit.  We went to Caleb's favorite park, "Castle Park," and had a great time playing hide and seek and chasing and being chased by our little, full of energy 3 year old! 
 The best was watching Grandpa and Caleb!  
 He was truly in heaven with so much great attention and fun!
 Poor mom wasn't enjoying it as much, although she was a great sport.  She had a cold and was just trying to stay warm.
"C'mon Grandpa....GET ME!!!"
 Yes, he's in heaven! 
 I think he wore all of us out by that evening!  It was great fun and lots of laughs though!  Totally worth it and better than staying inside all afternoon!
 Grandma joined in for a slide! 
 Caleb wasn't too sure about her wearing his sweatshirt on her head! :)
He decided he needed it back and once it was off said she could borrow it again! 
 MORE, MORE, MORE!!! Chase me more!!! I think he would have gone on for hours if we would have let him!
Grandpa gets an award for going through the tiniest tunnel after Caleb.  I barely fit through and was shocked when he followed us.  Caleb is quite the loved little boy! Afterwards, we went to a restaurant for my birthday dinner!  I had wings and an amazing salad!  Such great times!

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to see Mom and Dad having such a great time. They are so cute with Caleb. They love him so much.

    ReplyDelete