Yay! Another fun day TOGETHER!!
This time we first headed up to Placerville where they have an ornament store. We buy an ornament every year a a family to represent the previous year. It's a fun way to remember the past each Christmas! Since we couldn't find what we wanted anywhere else, we needed an ornament store! We stopped in at this random "hardware" store on or way and had some fun!
This was the second carriage ride that we saw in the area this year...and after this we saw a couple more in other locations! We were happy just watching! These guys actually really looked the cowboy part!
CANDY STORE!!! We tried a piece of "Thanksgiving Meal" flavored fudge. Yes, it tasted like it was supposed to, but I personally don't think that gravy and stuffing belong in fudge. Yuck!
After we found our ornament, we stopped in at Apple Hill for some yummy dessert. Whenever we're there in October, we usually pick apple doughnuts or caramel apples, so don't have room for pie until winter!I have to admit that I've tried a few pies and nothing has compared to mom's yet! Except for the blue or blackberry cream cheese pie. But the apple pies are not worth the money in my opinion. Matt likes them though.
Last stop...Lowes to get a Christmas tree! Caleb loved helping this year! He was determined and very proud to help Daddy!
Oh...and we also got our traditional peppermint hot chocolate on our way home! I personally really like this tradition! YUM!
We stayed up late and decorated the tree! Caleb put a few on top but mostly focused on the bottom!
For some reason we had some jello in the cabinet that Caleb really wanted to make. So he enjoyed a bowl as a treat before bed!
It was a really nice tree, but this year I wasn't satisfied. I've decided that I now prefer the white lights and the fancier trees with less kid-like decorations. Hmm, and this is right as Caleb is getting into the years where he cares about the tree! Oh well...in 20 years maybe I'll get to decorate it the way i want to! :)
Until then, I can decorate my little branches! :)
Oh, and how could I forget the ornament! We chose a boat with a life preserver to represent the time and focus we've spent at Safe Harbor. Not only have we both poured a lot of time and love into the ministry and live of the people there, but we've also been very impacted by the relationships and things we've learned through taking part! Caleb also loves and is loved by so many people there as well! It's been a HUGE part of this last year!
Merry almost Christmas!
You have the most creative, fun, and meaningful times together as a family. You are building so many memories.
ReplyDelete