Friday, May 16, 2014

Peak into My "Work" Day

Here's just a few regular happenings in my work week.  I can't complain at all. 
 This is Quinton, the Wilson's dog.  He's pretty much like a third two year old.
 I guess this isn't typical, but it represents that I plan projects and fun things to do...for them, but also because I'd get bored just watching them all day. :)  Hmm, maybe not lately since Brady is turning two in a couple weeks.  Things are getting more interesting every day with TWO-TWO year olds.
 Sometimes we cook, sometimes we draw with chalk, dance and sing to music, etc.  I hoped to do more art activities, but they just aren't at all interested unless the other one is gone or asleep.  The energy level when they are together is ten times higher!
 I love seeing how proud they get with the end products....especially with food!
 We often go to parks or somewhere out and about!  Snack time around 10:00!  "Hmm, what's that you have Brady?  Can I have some?"  Caleb loves food...except veggies of course.
 Sitting around...rarely happens more than 30 seconds.
 SO MUCH FUN in the backyard!  These guys are truly best buds!
 We often head  to the front yard and race down the road that ends in a culd-a-sac.  Finding rocks to collect, give to anyone they see, or drop them into the street drain is a favorite.  There's also a family who has a boat, a fancy old, red truck, a fancy new, red truck, a black suburban, two old cars they are fixing up, and a trailer!  Imagine what fun that is for little boys to walk by.  The family is really nice and I'm enjoying getting to know them.
 I've gotten to know most of the neighbors at least a little bit, as well as the next door chicken!  Brady loves tormenting it by chasing it through the yards!
 Another snack break...I love the places they find to rest for brief moments.
 I just love these pictures!  Flowers and sweet boys trying so hard=happy mommy/nanny.
 The pictures don't show the many challenging moments.  You can just assume what it's like with these two little guys figuring out their freedom, power and emotions.  Sometimes they are so excited to see each other, instead of a hug or yell of excitement, a big whack on the head is what results.  Step at a time! :)   In the midst of the challenges are LOTS OF LAUGHS!!! This particular day Brady was throwing the ball to Quinton and just thought it was absolutely hilarious!  He made my day as we laughed for a half hour or so!
Lunch time is around noon, then a potty time, a few books and down for nap.  I'm blessed beyond comprehension by this family.  They WANT me to rest while the boys rest, so often I'm getting paid to spend time with God, journal and read the pile of magazines that I was behind on.  Sometimes I'll do dishes, clean or cook, but more often it's some peace for an hour or so.  I'm VERY THANKFUL!!!  God knows what I need.  This job has HELPED me to relax.  If I was home, during naps I'd be "getting things done" (like right now) instead of resting.  Speaking of...I'm gonna go take a nap. :)  More fun pictures and stories to come.  Thanks for caring to share in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment