Saturday, May 17, 2014

Monterey Vacaction- Day 3

Goal: To make a sand castle before we had to leave!
 Sadly, the day started out rainy and didn't look like it was going to stop enough to even go on the beach.  By the time we were ready to go, though, it was much less, so we decided to at least make a quick stop to see.
 Super threatening clouds, and on-and-off drips....so we stayed...and were SO glad we did.  Caleb started off safely in the middle of the blanket, still pretty unsure about this whole beach experience.
 I convinced him to take his shoes and socks off and dare to come out on the sand, which he did!
And with Daddy's help, he ventured out closer to the water.  Hmm, this might actually be as fun as it looked with Curios George after all.
The couple hours, even though cloudy, filled my spirit up!  I just love the beach!
 Ok, getting serious about this now!
 Since we weren't too sure how long we'd have, our castle didn't get too fancy.  Good enough for us though!
 Okay, time for a break to check out the water.  Still pretty hesitant...
 ...so we tried it out with some Mommy help.  If you click on the pictures you can see his expressions more clearly.
 After a few time with me, he was LOVING it!  I even had to stop him from running out into the water and explain how the whole tide thing works.
 Yeah, I'm pretty much a happy camper with my boy at the beach!
 Back to the castle building!  I think Matt enjoyed it more than Caleb.  I pretty sure he said he had never built a sand castle before either.
 This shows more where we were.  Pretty much the only ones on the beach except for someone jogging by now and then.
 Without realizing we were doing it, we kind of trained Caleb to be super clean conscious.  Once we realized it we stopped and started to let him know it's FUN to get dirty.  This was a great experience for finding out how true this is!  I'm pretty sure he liked smashing the castle more than making it.
 "Oh look, I can put it all over my legs!"  And then Daddy joined in to help.
 And time to clean off!
 Sorry for the butt shot.  I think it's funny so had to post it! :)
 This is a good one up close too.  We're both so happy! Hmm, I think we need to go back again soon!
Extremely thankful for such a great trip together as a family!  Memories we won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment