One day a while back Caleb came up to me holding Matt's apron and asked me to put it on. Then he went looking for Daddy's work shoes and was upset that they weren't there (He was wearing them at work).
So he settled for his other shoes and then proceeded to tell me that he was going to see Daddy at work. I said okay, he opened the door and started on his way. That is until he realized he didn't have the keys and all that he needed. I let him borrow my phone and keys and he took Daddy's sunglasses as well...all the things we normally grab on our way out.
I figured he'd take a couple steps in the big shoes and get frustrated and fall out and move onto the next thing. Nope...
...he kept on walking, slowly but surely all the way to the car.
"Bye Mommy."
I asked him how he was going to get there as he was inching out to the car, and he said very matter-of-factly, "I'm going to drive there." Hmm, okay.
I helped him unlock the door, he closed it and wanted me to leave and said goodbye. I think he rally would have driven by himself if he could have figured out how. He was pretty bummed that we didn't really get to go. I think we ended up going later in the day since he wanted to see Daddy so badly. Lately, if we're home when Matt leaves, he always walks out to the car and waves goodbye as Matt goes. He loves his Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment