LOTS of pictures of a fun day for us while Dad, Mom and Cindy were in town.
We enjoyed a relaxing morning, and even got a nap in. Mom and Dad were sitting outside reading, so when we woke up we joined them for a bit. Caleb got to chat with Grandpa......some more. I like this picture. It reminds me of my grandpa spending time with me through the years. I hope Caleb gets lots of these memories as well.
And some Grandma time too of course!
All weekend he found it important to point out where I was located whenever with someone else.Once we were finally all ready to go, we stopped at Baja Fresh for some lunch! Caleb LOVES the order number signs there! SO much fun!
Hmm, maybe we should have just bought him a couple of these for his birthday! :)
Next stop, Apple Hill! More specifically, High Hill Ranch, which is where Matt has many childhood memories. We stopped to watch the pony rides......and then Caleb got one of his own! :) Pretty funny actually since i didn't realize how fast it went and I'm sure I looked like a crazy mama running around holding onto Caleb so he wouldn't fall off. Then Matt and I traded off so I wouldn't fall over. :)
We needed a good picture with Grandma and Grandpa, so here's the winner!
I love seeing these pictures with Caleb hanging out with family...here, Aunt Cindy helping out with the afternoon bottle. It makes me so thankful for these times, but also sad that there aren't more.
Next, we decided to try out a new farm where there might be a petting zoo that Caleb might enjoy. Before the animals, though, he got to do one of his favorite things, but with Grandpa this time! He loves sitting in the front seat of the car and pushing buttons and whatever else he can find to do.
This is one of our new favorite places at Apple Hill since there are several things to do with little kids. Caleb enjoyed watching the goats, chickens and rabbits. Dad and animals always brings me back to when we were kids and he worked on Harry M's ranch.
Fun family memories
His first "face in a hole" picture. :) I'm not sure what to call it. :) He wasn't too thrilled about it, as you can see.
I love my sister
and my Mom and Dad!
and my guys!
This was the weekend of learning to walk! Ready, set....
GO!!! Oops!
Try, try again!
So much fun with lots of people to help!
I set Caleb down on the hay and he had a FABULOUSly funny reaction. Too bad we didn't get a picture. This is all he'd give us once the cameras were out!
But then I moved him to a barrel and we caught a few fun looks!
The Big Flirt!
Our Big Boy!
LOVE Him!
Right before we left, we found a fun tractor to sit on! The thing I loved about it was how it smelled. It brought me right back to when I was a kid in Grandpa Gabbert's barn. Fond memories that I miss.
Matt is such a great dad....if you look close you can see he's making tractor noises and all!
Love it! Boys havin' some good fun!
Of course we had to have some apple pie and ice cream before we left. Then, once we got home we had some good family time looking at the pictures from the day, with lots of entertainment from Caleb to go along with it! A great day to remember! Miss and love you Mom, Dad and Cindy. Thank you so much for coming for the weekend. We can't WAIT for Christmas to spend more time with all of you!

































Yes, our time was so much fun, and a very good memory. I loved being with you!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see you all together! Oh, and that tickle thing with your dad...that goes WAAAAAY back! :)
ReplyDeleteSo much personality. It's fun to hear about the things that remind you of good times with Grandpa when you were a kid too. :)
ReplyDelete