Tuesday, October 16, 2012

i love going on walks!

I decided to post again instead of ma-ma.  I'm pretty proud of the fact that I can walk now.  I only want to hold someone's hand for help if I REALLY need it, which I don't think is very often.  the other night i even tried to run and scared mommy.  i don't know why she was worried.  the slope down the sidewalk is just TINY, and I've got SKILZ!!! :)
 Every morning before nap mommy and I go on a walk around our apartment complex.  Mommy and Daddy are really thankful for a quiet, pretty area without traffic or much to worry about.  I used to ride in the stroller, but now I just want to walk by myself.   Sometimes it takes me a minute to get my balance, but I just think it's funny and keep on goin'.
These pictures are from the 2nd day of cooler weather we've had in a long time.  Mommy put these new shoes on my feet, and when I first stood up I didn't know what to do.  I thought they kept me from walking so I just sat back down.  Mommy wouldn't help me so I finally tried to walk, and guess what....they are amazing!!! Once I got out the door I pretty much ran down the sidewalk and didn't want to stop! :)
 Long pant and long sleeves are kind of weird, not to mention socks, but I'll get used to them.  I already like taking my socks on and off and on and off (Mommy says that SHE does it, but I ask her to).  Look!  Do you see the little rock in my hand?  I found it myself!
 I not only like walking, but now I also like pointing out lots of new things all around.  I even realized that it's okay to walk on the grass and that if I get dirt on my hands, even though it feels weird, it's actually fun.  Do you know what THAT means?  Now I can also dig rocks out of the dirt, like this one!!! :)
Look, Grandpa!  It's a motorcycle!  Mommy says I can ride on your someday!
And here's a Doggy!  I LOVE doggies and even say "Dooo" when I see them!
 This is a different morning when we got to pet the kitty!  I also say "Keeee" in a high pitched voice when I see one of the kitties around our house.  One of them runs away from me, but this one and another orange one come and let me pet it.  I like to crouch in front of them and say "Hiiiiii."
 This is a Sunday afternoon walk when we all went together .  I get soooo excited that I walk with my arms in the air!
 LOOK!!!  More rocks!!  I can't seem to get these out though!
And STICKS!!! I usually find tiny ones and carry them around, but look at THIS one!!!  I also like leaves and barkdust!  
 Daddy takes me on long walks in the stroller a lot!  Then I get to get out and play and sometimes even eat dinner.  This is a park that we went to where kids were playing soccer.
 I can carry so many things now! :)  This is the camera case!  I like things with handles, like bags, flip-flops, and even water pitchers.
 Mommy laughs at me every time I just stand like this and look around.  I don't know why.  Maybe you can't tell from this picture what makes her laugh, but just in case she wanted me to post it.
Yep, I even get to eat snacks while I'm playing.  I got tired of Cheerios so I eat Oyster crackers and Goldfish crackers a lot now.

Walks are SO much fun!  I hope you can come on one with me soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can see why Mommy laughs when you stand like that and look around. You're a funny little guy Caleb. Grandma loves you!

    ReplyDelete