Friday, April 1, 2011

at long last...pregnant pictures


So it's super early in the morning and I'm up since I can't sleep well...so why not finally post something. :) (sorry it's taken so long Brenda, Rachel and mom. but i still love you) First, here are my pictures from ONE MONTH being pregnant. These were taken in mid January, back when I didn't feel bloated and fat all the time, just nauseous. Since then I haven't really shown any baby bump until about a week ago, so we haven't taken any pictures. Well, that's a lie, we took a couple but it's during my "I'm just bloated and it's NOT the baby" phase. I think I just look tired and sick, and I FELT like I looked 5 months pregnant. Oh well, I'll post one anyway. You can see the places I've grown.
I think I was FEELING like I was a whale more than I looked it...but if you know me, you can see differences. I'll have Matt take some new pictures this weekend to show what is now a true bump, and not just bloat....or at least half and half, but I've decided to just say it's all baby since I can! I'm 17 weeks today and just starting to deal with some new things, like not sleeping well and lower back pain...but a day at a time! I think that overall things have gone very well so far! I can't complain!
And one last bonus picture from an evening with the Parkins....fun with the kids while we waited for a "glow-stick-light-show" from Bob!

Okay, I think I'll go back to bed and see if I can sleep a couple more hours. And now that I've started this posting thing again, maybe I'll stick with it. I might change the format a bit and and just write some thoughts now and then. I've tried to just stick with pictures and events, but so much is happening right now, and and it seems silly not to post just because we haven't taken any pictures. So we'll see. If you just want the pictures, you can skim the rest, and those who care to read it can. :) Alright....have a great April fools day!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hurray!! A post, a post!! :-) Thanks, my friend. And I think you look just as skinny and beautiful as always!! Maybe it's the black top . . . or the fact that I can't click on it and enlarge it for some reason to get a closer look . . . Either way, I think you look gorgeous. Soooooooo exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel...i think i look bigger maybe since i had been FEELING SO BIG cuz of dealing with so much bloating. It's a horrible feeling. bla! i wonder if you'll notice a difference in the next one I'll post. hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh. You don't look like a whale! You still look skinny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for posts!!! I agree no whale look only an excited mommy with a growing baby starting to fill up all the spots inside that it can find to fill :) The kids are so excited for you!! They were just looking at the pictures and doing squeeling dances and Evan was saying "we're going to be uncles and aunts!" hehe

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me happy about the kids brenda. as time passes i always worry they won't feel connected to me anymore. it's quite reassuring that they see themselves as uncles and aunts! :) as for my stomach...this whole this is proving to me that people really don't notice the ways that we look as much as we think they do. like when we feel insecure cuz of gaining weight or something. Cuz this time I KNOW my stomach is bigger but only a few people i see regularly notice it as well. it makes me wonder how much i'll grow before others actually realize a difference.

    ReplyDelete