Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grandma Boersma

It was a visit that I wanted and didn't want at the same time.  I know that the Grandma I've known my whole life isn't there anymore, so it was something I was looking forward to in that way.  At the same time, I love her and always will, so really looked forward to seeing her.  She has also given so much to others her whole life, it would be crazy not to give back to her.  
 Caleb was the center of her attention the whole time.  He took a little time to warm up but eventually sat with us and interacted a bit more.
 I really enjoyed seeing her smile. 
 We even got him on her lap for a little bit. I think it was more for her than for him.
 She had the Barney show on, so they watched a bit together.
 Just looking at the pictures makes me cry because the person in the pictures is so different than the Grandma I know.  It's never easy to lose the people you love so deeply. I like this picture since she's laughing.
This one is more clear but I didn't like it.  I tried to get another that was better but then I realized that the empty look in her eyes is reality now.  I held in my tears as it sunk in.  Grandma is still there and yet it's like she's already gone.  It's hard to process this even though I've already gone through it with Grandma Gabbert.  We gave hugs and left for the afternoon.  I can usually control emotions when I need to, but once we were in the car I had to cry.  I already miss her.  At least we can all look forward to reuniting in Heaven someday.

Grandma came to Cindy's wedding and did surprisingly well.  I'm so glad she was there, even though she may not have understood what was going on.  We love you Grandma, forever!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sentiments Cheryl. Kind of hard to type through my teary eyes. I'm so glad she got to come to the wedding also. So thankful for Ron & Judy bringing her and for Carolyn & Lorraine also looking after her and Grandpa B. since I was so busy mingling with all the guests. What a great family! Did you know that she recognized me and even said my name when she first arrived. What a special surprise!

    ReplyDelete