We finally decided that it would be best to take two days instead of one to get to Portland.
Matt drives most of the time since he enjoys it and I usually last only an hour before I need a nap. Caleb did amazing! He napped well and was happy most of the time. All it took was one interesting toy or object at a time and once he was finished, we moved to the next one. It's amazing how a bead necklace can keep a boy busy for so long.
Nap Time.
We stopped somewhere that had this huge chair. Caleb cracked up laughing when I would jump out into Matt's arms. We did it over and over. He could hardly stand it, and of course that got us laughing pretty hard as well. So much fun from a chair!We had a nice hotel which Caleb enjoyed exploring and playing in the window!
I finally got the lighting right but then the smile was gone. Oh well.
If you ever see Caleb hold his arms up like this, it means he's about to jump. We're happy that at least we have the arms up warning. He'll do it in the most random places. He's also started suddenly falling like a board flat onto the ground. He scared me to death the other night when he suddenly did it on the carpet in front of me. He's usually fine, but I sure hope he doesn't do it on cement someday and crack his head. Crazy boy! :)
So overall our trip up was pretty nice. I'll do a separate post for our day at Crater Lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment