Hi Everyone! My turn to tell some stuff....
Check this out! I got new undies! I'm not doing "full-on" potty training yet, but I know how to go in my little toilet. "Mom" (yes, he's already shortened it to mom, and never even said, "mommy," just "mah-ee") got these for me but hasn't had time to really focus on it yet. She said we don't have to rush since I'm still young, but hopes to do it soon. Just today I surprised Mom and Daddy when they saw potty in my toilet and didn't even know that I had gone! It only works when I'm not wearing a diaper. :) I think I look cool in these! I heard that I might get to try something called pull-ups.
We've spent a lot of time at the pool this summer! I love it but I think Mom is happier than me! She thought she wouldn't get to go much since she'd have to watch me so closely, but I'm not only a great listener and am careful by the pool, but I also really like to just sit, eat a snack and watch everyone!
Mom goes swimming and I'm just fine all by myself! Of course I swim a lot too, and like it more all the time. I still can't go by myself though.
I actually like my "cool doe" (cool crackers) more than swimming and would eat them all day if Mom and Daddy let me...which they don't. Sometimes I get to have a home-made pop-sickle (sp?), which Mom makes with mostly water and a little apple juice. I think they are the BEST...except sometimes after I suck on it I hold my tongue out and fuss since it feels REALLY WEIRD.
I love our neighbor kitty. It comes to visit and spend a lot of time with us now and then. I got to give it some milk the other day and it was really happy. I don't understand why it won't let me ride it like a horse.
Well, at least I have my car to ride. I'm pretty fast these days, but sometimes crash. I even put my hat on all by myself. I'm learning to put on my clothes but it's a lot harder.
I really love playing outside. I even try climbing the tree lately...and I walk in mud and play with rocks!
Sometimes I just love to relax. I found the best spot at the bottom of these steps.
I don't know why Mom and Daddy won't join me. I'd sleep here if they let me!
They won't even let me sleep in my favorite chair that I used to use as a baby. At least I get to sit in it while we read before bed-time sometimes. I like to turn on the soothing music and pretend I'm going to sleep. Usually Bear sits with me and we put on the blanket too. I wish Bear could sleep with me, but the one time he came to bed with me, I tried to climb on him and I fell backwards. Mom and Daddy said they were glad I didn't fall out of my bed. Now he sleeps in my chair. Oh well, at least I still have Giraffe, Elmo and Giraffe2! They are still my favorites!
Did you know it's almost my 2nd birthday. Still over a month away but it's getting close! I'm getting smarter every day. I say new words and try LOTS of words, and I really like books more than before. I am figuring out that I can decide a lot of things, so I try to get my way a lot. For some reason Mom and Daddy don't understand me when I talk with a high-pitched voice, but I keep forgetting. I think I'll figure it out pretty soon. Since that doesn't work, now I'm trying to see if I can get what I want by free-falling face first onto the ground. It hasn't worked yet, but I think it might soon. Lots of people say I'm a good listener. I'm really fast at running now, and I love climbing! I'm trying out lots of new things every day! I still love playing and singing to music and I like every kind of ball. I'm starting to use my imagination which is fun, but I don't like how it gives me bad dreams sometimes. At least Mom and Daddy are there when I wake up crying. We all really love each other and the best days are when we're ALL home together! I get SO happy on those days! Pretty soon I get to see Grandpa and Grandma and I'm so excited! Bye for now!
Caleb, you're just so cute! I love you very much. Grandma
ReplyDelete