Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thursday morning, as I carried Caleb into the living room, I simply told him that I was thankful for him...and in an instant my eyes filled with tears and my heart and soul felt overwhelmed like never before! I can't explain the emotion, and I'm sure most of you know it already, but it actually surprised me! It was not only overwhelming love for Caleb, but also the recognition that the ONLY reason he is even in our lives is because God chose to create him and bring him into our lives. I've hoped for a long time that I would be able to be a mom, but I honestly feared that it might not be possible. The journey to trust God with this has been challenging but good, and brings me to today, where I don't take for granted that Caleb is in our lives! The love, joy and gratitude for him only grows, and at the same time I am continually reminded that every moment of his life belongs to God and not to me. I find great peace when I rest in this truth and then enjoy life as Caleb's mommy more than ever!
Enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with family.
...and MORE family showed up! Mom and Dad drove down to see us...and of course spend some time as Grandma and Grandpa!
Grandma's love never ends for her grand-baby!
Hugs, kisses, cuddles, comfort, smiles, more hugs, and even a few dirty diaper changes!
I'm not sure who was happier that they got to spend time together- Grandpa or Caleb! I loved seeing both of them SO thrilled with each other! :) Amazing dads make amazing grandpas! :)
I think Daddy and son are thankful for each other!
And I'm pretty thankful for these two...my two favorite guys on earth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment