Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day!

We had a relaxing and fun time celebrating the day with family this year!
This is Emmalyn, Beth and Bob's niece...it's hard to believe she's already 9 months! The BBQ was at Bob's brother, Shane, and his wife, Kara's house in Sacramento.
Zoe, our niece, who will be going into 2nd grade this year!
Beth, Matt's sister, bringing out the pie and ice cream! YUM!!
Young and old enjoying the goodness!
In the evening we moved to the front and enjoyed some family fireworks
Then we walked to a viewpoint where we could see the Sacramento BIG fireworks! Of course, pictures don't do justice!
We are thankful to live in a country where we are free....but look forward even more to our TRUE HOME in heaven where we will finally experience TOTAL and TRUE FREEDOM!!! Happy 4th of July!


1 comment:

  1. I miss and love you guys! I read your blog often, but obviously haven't checked in awhile as there's loads of new stuff up here! How amazing that there was a group singing 'God of this city' in SF. I would have been drawn to it as well, that is often sung around here :)
    I'm so glad my brother is such an incredible husband and that he has such an incredible wife! We should all chat soon, let us know when is good.
    Love you very much,

    Alison

    ReplyDelete