Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Monterey & Santa Cruz!!!

After visiting the Greens, we still had half of the day left and a few hours of the weekend...AND we were ONLY about an hour away from Monterey, which is where we went for our honeymoon almost 2 years ago! So of COURSE we decided to take a side trip!
First stop was Carmel, which I'm sure you know is amazingly beautiful! Just REALLY windy and cold that day. The picture doesn't show how aqua-teal green the water was. Quite beautiful!
We then headed just down the road to Monterey and stopped by some of our favorite spots. Good memories....
....but we've also learned that we LOVE exploring and making NEW memories! So we soon headed up the highway to a city we've never been to together, Santa Cruz! We only had time to see the beach and enjoy a walk on the boardwalk!
And Matt couldn't pass up a ride or two...a great way to spend some birthday money! :) He reminds me of a little kid in a car seat in this picture! :) I honestly don't think he and I will ever lose the childlike heart inside that gets a thrill out of things like this! This is right before he was shot up into the air, which he fully enjoyed.
And then he bought us both a ride on the famous roller coaster! I haven't had that much fun in a long time! FABULOUS!!! I avoid most rides cuz the older i get the more nausea i seem to experience...even on a simple swing. But this was PERFECT...as the picture shows!
Just having FUN!!! There it is!!

The beach, a day with my love, laughing, music.....how could i not DANCE a little!
A Great day!!! I am so thankful to share life with my best friend!

1 comment:

  1. you two are the funnest! I love that you went to an amusement park. :) miss you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete