Until I met Matt, I didn't think anyone could ever pull off any kind of surprise for me before I'd figure it out...or at least PART of it...which was kind of a bummer since i LIKE surprises! BUT, then Matt came along! He has surprised me many times, and he did it again a couple nights ago.
I THOUGHT that my boss changed my work schedule for the day so that a co-worker could go to an appointment. It wasn't until I got home from work that the truth was revealed...matt had schemed ahead of time so that I could get off of work early for a whole evening of fun!
FIRST, I opened the front door to my HANDSOME man dressed in a new black button-up shirt (WOW! if you know matt, clothes don't matter that much to him...they are simply functional). So before i knew anything else about the night, I was bedazzled by this amazing looking man that was MY HUSBAND!!!
THEN, I saw behind him a transformed living room and smelled something in the air that HAD to be GOOD!! Matt had created the atmosphere and made a FABULOUS dinner!!!
NEXT, I dressed up a bit and we drove to Sacramento for the BIG surprise!
A JIM BRICKMAN concert! Jim is an amazing piano player! We used a couple of his songs in our wedding, and his music has also brought much rest to my brain and soul in times of unrest, anxiety and depression that I've faced. So this was a meaningful and amazing gift to me!
The concert was beautiful! More than anything, though, I felt so filled and blessed by my man who took so much of his own money, time and energy to show his love. I am thankful! Words can't express!!
Here's the capital from the top of the parking garage down the street from the theater.
A JIM BRICKMAN concert! Jim is an amazing piano player! We used a couple of his songs in our wedding, and his music has also brought much rest to my brain and soul in times of unrest, anxiety and depression that I've faced. So this was a meaningful and amazing gift to me!
The concert was beautiful! More than anything, though, I felt so filled and blessed by my man who took so much of his own money, time and energy to show his love. I am thankful! Words can't express!!
Here's the capital from the top of the parking garage down the street from the theater. THANK YOU MATT. I LOVE YOU.
WOW!! What a guy! Can't wait to meet him someday! You guys are great!
ReplyDeleteHow amazing! Way to go Matt! Cheryl, I know how it feels to have those moments when you think, "wow! Thank YOU Lord for this amazing person in my life!" Pretty cool stuff :D
ReplyDeleteAwwwww . . . Way to go, Matt. May you pull off many more surprises. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you married Matt and Matt married you! His love for you makes tears come to my eyes, and you know how rare tears coming to my eyes are. I love you both! Mom
ReplyDeleteSO FUN to see your pictures, read about your lives together and see how much you two love each other. Truly God is continuing to bless you both! I LOVE your profile picture!! :)
ReplyDelete