Saturday, April 26, 2014

Big Boy Bed

I know that some people wait til they are three, but since Caleb was potty training, I thought it would be easier to have a bed.  We found one on Craigslist for a super good deal and made the switch.
 He was so excited!  I'll post a video on our video blog which shows his enthusiasm (mattandcherylovideos.blogspot.com).  He wanted to try it out right away!
 And of course no bed is acceptable without being jumpable!
And the test run with his giraffes! :)  We first just put the mattress down since he moves around so much, I was sure he's fall out and never want to sleep in it again.  The first night he was excited to sleep on it until he realized it was FOR REAL.  Then he wanted back in the crib.  I think he slept in the crib 2 or 3 nights and then made the switch!  And yes, he rolled off a few times.  He was so proud of his "big boy bed!"  
 So the time had come to say good-bye to the crib.  Kinda sentimental.  We took a last few pictures..
....and took it apart.  Someone had given it to us, and we were happy to pass it on to someone else in need!  Caleb was sad for the first couple nights, but it helped when he was proud that another baby was sleeping in it who needed it.
We left the mattress on the floor for a while since he rolled out regularly.  I finally figured out how to set it up but create a little safe spot.  I just turned his shelf and it's perfect.  He's still rolled out of the little opening once or twice (poor guy) but he now loves it!  Mommy loves it too cuz now I can lay down by him and cuddle before gong to sleep!  It even helped when he was super sick and woke up ALL NIGHT.  I just slept with him for a night or two.  Not sure that would have worked in the crib! :)  And he's only wet the bed twice!  Yay Caleb!  Our Big Boy! 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. It is great for laying down next to him and cuddling and reading stories and singing songs like "Jesus loves me".

    ReplyDelete