Monday, December 12, 2011

The reason going back to work is so hard...

My favorite times with Caleb are in the morning when we get to hang out, "talk" to each other, laugh about it and just be together! Also, right after I get home from work when we sit for a half hour and just "talk" back and forth about our days!
I love seeing the details of his growth...from sitting up, to standing, to more variety in the sounds he makes, to watching him explore and discover things in the world around him.....
....i love that he interacts with us so much now! He laughs, complains, smiles, waves his arms and legs around, cries, "talks".....
...and snuggles. I love spending time together doing normal life things...even getting ready to go out.
I really love being a mom to Caleb. I agree with what everyone has said, that it's the hardest thing ever, but the best as well! The challenge I'm facing right now is already having to say goodbye for several hours a day to go to work. I'm so thankful that he gets to spend most of that time with Matt, but it is still more difficult to leave than I'd ever choose . And honestly, I don't think it will get easier. I'm taking a day at a time and looking to God for what I need, which helps, but if you think of it, please pray for me. In the midst of it all, I'm thankful that I HAVE a son to miss! I'd rather have to miss him than not have him at all!

I LOVE YOU CALEB

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was there! I love love love the 3 month age. Happy 3 months birthday Caleb! Love, Gradma B (Mom to you Cherly...in case you're confused... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you now. I can tell he loves his mommy, and just feels at peace with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics of you & Caleb are PRECIOUS, Cheryl. I am praying for you!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete