Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shower #2...from our church

Today the ladies from our church put on a shower for Caleb! This is Kara and Ashley who did the planning! :)
It was perfect! We first just spent time talking and had some salads that people brought, then opened gifts and then they prayed for me, Matt and Caleb! I'm not against games, but this was MUCH more to my liking! At the end, they handed out little blue and green candles and encouraged people to pray for us whenever they use them! i LOVE that idea! They also had everyone write notes of encouragement or wisdom for different times in the near future. Each person wrote on the front of the envelope when I am supposed to read them. Some are for now, some a week after he's born, others for when I'm tired and discouraged, etc. I LOVE encouragement, so i thought this idea was wonderful as well! I feel blessed!
Here's the cake that Beth, Matt's sister, made for us! If you can't tell from the angle, it's a baby bum with the legs, feet and toes sticking out. The dark part on the top is a blanket.
A few of the ladies before opening gifts! Once again I feel so blessed and God continues to provide for our needs!
We took a group picture but used a different camera. Hopefully I'll get a copy soon to post. I'm not taking pictures of all that we got this time....but if you're interested- of course lots of cute clothes, blankets (my favorite), books, teething toys, booster seat/high chair, breastfeeding cover, mattress pads, a Maya Wrap, wash clothes and bath items, shopping cart cover, an AMAZING photo album that one of the gals created.....etc. Feeling thankful and blessed!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful showers, Cheryl. Wow! That's awesome!! You are definitely loved. And can I just say that the cake Beth made is amazing!!! I couldn't tell what it was at first, but once you pointed it out . . . what a CUTE idea! And it looks like she did an amazing job. I"m so glad to see how God is providing for you in such tangible ways. Not that I had any doubt!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to catch up on your blog and see the photos, looking forward to seeing photos of Caleb!
    Love Alastair

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds super-nice! I like your friends' ideas for the shower, too. What a nice, positive spin on the usual baby shower. I bet it will be interesting to see what kind of encouragement and advice they left you. :)

    SO CLOSE to baby time! I can't wait to see his little face! Are you excited or what!! :)

    ReplyDelete