Friday, July 29, 2011

First Baby Shower

Yesterday I was blessed by co-workers who put on a baby shower for Caleb. Jaimee and Julie, in the picture below, planned games and fun for parents and kids where I work. Since it's summer and lots of people are gone, many of those I've become close to aren't even around, but I still went away feeling incredibly loved and blessed by the few who came.
I usually can't take pictures of kids, but since parents were there I was given permission! So here is a glimpse into my life at work with a few of the kids I've come to love!
This is Maggie and her brother Zachary! Their parents have also become good friends!
This is Emma and her mom, Monica, who have also become very special to me over the last year
The table full of games! The kids' reaction to the "dirty diaper" game was hilarious! Even once they realized that the diapers were full of chocolate candy, their reactions were still funnier to watch than a group of women!
Can you see that Caleb is already LOVED VERY MUCH by MANY!!! It's not uncommon for me to get to work and hear kids greet me AND Caleb. The girls often run up and put their faces and hands on my belly to greet him and try to feel him move. Teachers leave and often say goodbye to us both! I love it!!
I'm absolutely stunned by the generosity of some of the parents. A few brought diapers and I'm still amazed at how much just two families bought for us!!! So here's some pictures...mostly for mom, since I think she'll be interested to see. Wish you were here to join me at these events!
My favorite gift is a set of clothes that Maggie, the little girl pictured above, picked out. Her mom said that she found it and was determined to get it for us. She even dressed up for the shower and made a personal card. I love it not for style but because of how much love came with it.
Tons of feeding supplies from just one family! I think they bought the whole section that we registered for!
And our diaper mountain!!! For several sizes! I think we're going to need a whole room to store diapers. Matt even stopped by for a while and enjoyed some baby shower games for the first time ever. :) This is after the shower...a picture from a different view! :) I think my stomach looks like a mountain!!! Couldn't resist this picture....do you think i look pregnant NOW? :)

Only 6 more weeks to go...more or less!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It is so nice to see that you are so loved by people that you are around. I so so so love you too!!! Getting excited to see you and Matt and Caleb soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Thanks for posting the pics! Mom

    ReplyDelete